Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Colour Pop Trunk Show




If you read my last post where I jumped on the Colour Pop Band Wagon, you'll know I'm a huge fan of the Los Angeles based cosmetics company that produces crazy pigmented lippies & eyeshadows all at $5 a pop. 

Yesterday I attended the Colour Pop Trunk Show at Sugerfina's The Americana in Glendale location. Arriving with the intention of purchasing a lippie for a friend and possibly a few more lippies for myself, I left with quite a bit more. 

It's just so tempting when everything is so reasonably priced for such great quality products!


Forget The Fruit Cake is a new holiday lippie set featuring all new shades. These lipsticks are so rich and colorful that a makeup junkie like myself cannot pass them up. 

The packaging is slim and sleek. I actually prefer the thinner lipsticks for precise application versus traditional bullet tubes. My only complaint is that once you twist these up they can twist back down not all lined up. Not a huge problem, just the OCD in me finds it a little bothersome, but you really can't beat the color payoff and price of these babies. 


The lippies come in the most adorable packaging perfect to wrap up with a bow and give as a gift for the holidays. You could even break up some of these kits and make you own little kits for the makeup lovers in your life.



Just look at that rich formulation for each and everyone of the shades!


The purchase of the night was their Lippies To Go Kit. I was so excited they had the Lippies To Go available, as it's sadly sold out online. It comes with 5 beautiful shades one end is a retractable liner and the other is a lipstick. You get the perfect on the go touch up lip combo. No sharpener needed. Bonus, I love that they look like my grade school markers. 

This kit includes Brink, my favorite everyday pencil and lippie I own already. Now I get to throw this baby one in my purse and always be touch up ready. 



Something about the Megan Naik quad drew me in. The combination of shades are so beautiful and warm for the season. I love the gold shade all over the eyelid on its own. These shadows are unlike anything I've ever used before. They feel so soft, creamy, and almost wet. They blend really well, are super pigmented, and long lasting. I've actually rubbed my eyes forgetting about my makeup and these suckers didn't budge!

For more details, read my original review of the shadows here.


On a whim I also picked up another one of their super shock shadow holiday kits in Down With Decorum.





I feel like these pictures don't do the shadows justice! The rich browns are my current obsessions and mixing these high pigmented shades with my everyday neutral shadows are perfect to add depth and variety to my look.

My favorite use for these have been pops of color on the outer corner. Using the shimmer shades on the inner corner and lining my lower lash line with different metallic or shimmers. The possibilities are unlimited!

This picture is after I swatched the shadows onto my arms! Just look at that!

My style and typical look is very clean, classic, and neutral. I love playing with color when done subtly and these shadows offer a great affordable option to add to your everyday makeup collection and spice things up a bit. Don't let the shades or pigmentation scare you away, I was scared at first, but they really are great to use and very versatile.

Seriously for $5 your not going to regret anything and the packaging is so adorable it makes the perfect affordable gift for any occasion, especially some last minute Christmas gifts.

Have you tried any Colour Pop Cosmetics yet? What are your must haves from the line?

XOXO
Serein

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Colour pop products have simple packaging and affordable love the colors of there lipstick with its matching lipliner as well as there eyeshadows. would be great if they have a palette! one of the things I wanna try wish we have it here in asia.

Anonymous said...

dang, I wish I had picked up that lip duo kit before it sold out! I have some of their eyeshadows and they're so lovely! It's really refreshing to see a new, independent cruelty free brand coming out with some affordable, revolutionary products!

www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com