Tuesday, December 9, 2014

The Balm Nude'Dude Palette Review & Swatches


I was a huge fan of The Balm's Nude Tude Palette and was very excited about the sequel that was recently released exclusively at Kohl's the Nude'Dude


The palette comes with a full size 'what's your type' body building mascara and 12 neutral shadows. You get a variety of shimmer and matte. 


My favorite shades, no surprise, are the peachy neutrals and light browns. The darker shades are fun to use as a liner or bold outer corner shade. You really get a nice variety of colors and finishes for an everyday palette. You can really do a lot with the color options.



I do have to say that I find the pigmentation to be slightly lacking compared to the original. The original Nude'tude was truly unbelievable. The shadows were pigmented, rich, and creamy, a little went a very long way.

The Nude' Dude is still highly pigmented and creamy, but you definitely don't get as much of a color payoff as the original palette.  Remember I'm comparing this to the original. Compared to other palettes this is one of the top in pigmentation, color payoff, and richness.

If your deciding between the 'Nude'tude and the 'Nude'dude, I'd suggest picking up the original 'Nude'tude. You won't be disappointed. Wanting to add to your collection? This isn't a bad buy at $39.50 plus a full size mascara. It is a few dollars more than the original which is $36, but your getting a full size mascara with this newer version.

Do you own any The Balm Palettes? Which are your favorites?

XOXO
Serein

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I love my Nude Tude palette, so when I heard this was coming out I got super excited! Your swatches definitely sold me lol! I think that I'll get a lot of use out of all of the shadows in this palette. I'm going to wait until after Christmas to buy it though. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Haha, what a cute palette! I feel like if the pigmentation wasn't as amazing though, I should skip on it! The shades are pretty, but not unique. I feel like if I were to buy it, it would be for a laugh more than anything!



www.lilting-grace.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Hmmm I am not a huge fan of the original and the color seems pretty similar between the two palettes. I don't know what it is but Tha Balm isn't really working for me as a brand so far.