Thursday, January 8, 2015

Makeup Revolution London Haul with Swatches


I've been hearing a lot about Makeup Revolution London lately and I really wanted to try out the line. Makeup Revolution is an incredibly affordable cosmetics company based in the U.K. You can order from their website internationally, but there is a hefty tax and shipping added to each order. 


After watching tons of reviews and hauls I decided to test out the brand especially since I'm pretty much obsessed with all thinks U.K.


The lipstick and gloss are quite creamy and pigmented at only $1.58 each! The price reminds me of Wet n' Wild here in the states, but I have to say the quality is much nicer than Wet n' Wild. 

The gloss is a nice formulation, not too sticky. I choose a clear gloss to go over some of my lipsticks I currently own, as well as possibly a glossy eye look. 

The lipstick is creamy and smooth, not chalky or clumpy at all. I really like the shade I choose, it's an everyday pink. 




After seeing some great reviews of the highlighters I decided on Radiant Light in glow and I'm very happy with this warm highlight powder. The pigmentation is nice and shimmery without being glittery. I love the baked texture of the product and you get quite a lot for $7.89. I'd compare this to a MAC mineralized skin finish. 


Now the blush palette was a great deal especially for a newbie starting out their makeup collection or kit. You get 8 blushes for $9.47. I find the blushes to be pigmented and easy to work with. Your not going to get the blotchy application that can be found in a lot of drugstore blushes. 




Defiantly use a fluffy blush brush to work the product in and blend blend blend.


Now after much hype over the eyeshadow palettes I choose the Romantic Smoked palette to test out for $6.32. The price is great! I don't think there are many eyeshadow palettes with 12 shades in it for this price.


My concern is that a few of the shades are a bit chalky, but this could be due to using a finger to swatch vs. a brush. The pigmentation was good, not too much, not too little. I like the variety of purples in the palette and I think I can work with it. For a gal on a budget, this is defiantly a great option to add to your makeup collection.

I'd prefer if the shadows weren't so narrow, making it a bit hard to grab at product if using a fluffy blending brush or my fingers, but that's just me.

My next purchase will include some contour palettes, and the much talked about iconic palettes that were sold out when I placed my order. I do appreciate the fact that unlike most U.K. drugstore brands, Makeup Revolution offers international shipping.

All in all if your able to get your hands on these high quality products for minimal cost,  DO! I know when I visit the U.K. I'll be bringing an extra suitcase to hunt down Makeup Revolution as well as some other U.K. only high street brands.

Do you have access to Makeup Revolution? What have you tried from them?

XOXO
Serein




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have not tried anything from Makeup Revolution yet but I browsed their website yesterday and they have some really great stuff so I am definitely going to try them out soon (: Great haul though!