Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Let's Get A Little Cheeky

I kicked myself all year for not getting last year's limited edition cheek palette from NARS. You can bet the second I saw this years Virtual Domination Cheek Palette I added it to my shopping cart first thing and bought the beauty. 

NARS has a way with packaging unlike any brand out there. Everything they do is so sleek and sophisticated. Just look at this white & red packaging and the flower inlay detailing on both the cardboard box and the palette itself. 



I was quite please to find out that this year's cheek collection included 4 shades I do not own plus the ever trusty laguna bronzer that has become a makeup artist and lover's staple in his or her's collection. 

- 0.15 oz Miss Liberty Highlighting Blush Powder 
- 3 x 0.15 oz Blush in Sex Fantasy (pale lavender pink), Deep Throat (sheer peach), Final Cut (peach coral) 
- 0.35 oz Laguna Bronzing Powder (brown with gold shimmer)  

Swatches from left to right Miss Liberty, Deep Throat, Sex Fantasy, Final Cut, Laguna

What I love so much about this palette is that it gives me the idea of only bringing this baby for travel. I'm notorious for over packing especially in the makeup department, which is crazy since most of the time when I'm on vacation I keep it very simple and minimalistic, so who knows why I pack 3 of everything... minimum. 

By including a subtle highlight powder and neutral golden bronzer, it really is the perfect cheek and contour kit all in one.

I have to admit I'm not crazy about the very pinky based vibe of the blushes for winter, but I know I'll love these come spring and summer. The pigmentation is good, not as strong or vibrant as NARS original formula in the full sizes, but they definitely will do for travel and on the go.

Will you be picking up the NARS Virtual Domination Palette this year? What are you looking forward to in this year's holiday makeup collections?

XOXO
Serein

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just lovely how I can watch your informative videos on youtube and still see your blog posts. As always, I love your reviews and how honest you are!

<3, Dyan
www.flowerinapalm.com