Wednesday, December 3, 2014

My Go To Holiday Makeup Look




I was really excited when asked by LookMazing to participate in this year's Holiday Makeup Tutorial Challenge. If you're not sure what LookMazing is, check them out. They are shippable platform for bloggers & vloggers. If you love reading or looking at style and beauty posts, it's a very nice site to explore new bloggers & vloggers. 

The holidays are always a busy time of year for all. My goal was to create a classic and simple look focusing on popping open the eye and a bold red lip. Nothing screams holidays more to me than a bold red lip. 

For the face I kept everything very simple and clean. I wanted the products used to be items you'd already likely have in your makeup kit because who has time to go out and buy a whole new look during the holidays? All the shadows shades are very neutral and available in most eyeshadow palettes. Since it is a holiday look, I like to break out the false lashes on such occasions. I'm going a bit bolder in the lash department, but you can use accent lashes if these are too much for you.

Finally for the show piece of the look, my lips. The lip color I'm using is from hourglass and it's only $10! So even if you don't own a bold red lip, you can pick this one up rather cheap. It's pocket size, perfect for parties. The lip color is a liquid lipstick that leaves a nice stain and has long wearability without drying out my lips, perfect for sipping champagne.

Please cheek out my video detailing how to achieve this look here:

Don't forget to vote for me on LookMazing.com starting December 4th! You'll get chances to win prizes and help me win best look.

Will you be wearing a bold lip this season?

XOXO
Serein

*photos are not retouched. Please watch video for products used :-) This is not sponsored.

No comments: