Thursday, October 9, 2014

Bridal Beauty Makeup Tips

Recently I celebrated my 2 year wedding anniversary. Every year this time around, I like to look back on one of the most emotional and memorable days of my life. There's not a single think I regret or would change about my bridal look and it's because I kept it classic and simple.

Trends come and go,  on your wedding day you want to look as classic and timeless as possible. Loverly reached out and asked me to share my makeup looks for a wedding dress and here are my favorite products, some of which I actually used on my wedding day. So here are my tips for all you beautiful future brides to be. These products are also great for any wedding attendee.

The Dress:
I choose this classic drop waste dress, because it was the closest to my own wedding dress and I love the elegance, simplicity, and modern look of the style. You can look back at this years from now and not cringe at your choice. Example, those huge puff sleeve satin, polyester blend dresses from the 80's.

Here are some pictures of my own wedding dress:



Now the makeup!

It's all about a good flawless face for me. I personally had my makeup artist use the Armani Luminous Silk foundation that I had bought on me for my big day and it is still my goto event/ special occasion foundation. It lasts all day and has a beautiful natural flawless finish. Just so you know a hurricane blew through my wedding right before I was about to walk down the aisle. So this held up through humidity, rain, sweat, and tears. 
Armani Luminous Silk Foundation

Eyes:
Eyes should be the highlight of your makeup. You can go smokey, sultry, bold, or natural, I personally choose a natural smokey eye with TONS of lashes. I wanted to look like a doll. Lashes were my main focal point. We used neutral eyeshadows, with hints of plum to bring out my golden brown eyes and tons of mascara and individual false lashes. 

I think we used a whole pack of these on me

The perfect amount of neutral shades and plums. Lorac Pro Palette

With lips I suggest using a your lips but better waterproof lip liner to define your lips and fill in. Apply a your lips but better gloss or stain over. This way you won't be a mess after all the kisses you do for photos and guests. Also you will have no time to reapply your lips, so pick a good long lasting one!


It Cosmetics YLBB Waterproof Lip Liner. This is my goto lip liner. It stays all day and has the best shades to achieve a natural lip. 
I'm a HUGE fan of it cosmetics vitality lip flush 4- in -1. This product goes on super creamy and moisturizing, yet wears off nicely leaving a subtle stain on your lips. 


No matter the products you choose or the look you go for, just make sure it represents you! Your going to glow with happiness on your big day and you want to let your inner beauty shine through. 





What are some special occasion products you always pull out? 

XOXO
Serein

No comments: