Sunday, October 5, 2014

Brooke Shields MAC Collection

If you don't know already, I'm a huge neutral eyeshadow palette lover. My mission in life is to find the perfect neutral eyeshadow palette. Today I think I've finally found it!


Brooke Shields and MAC have collaborated on a limited edition collection.  I have to admit I'm a bad beauty blogger at times and can be completely out of the loop. While shopping I saw the display of the most gorgeous eyeshadow palette I've seen in a while and not just pretty, perfect in color range for my taste. Of course it was sold out. 

But then... we missed our movie and went back to the mall and walked by the MAC store in Topanga Canyon and they had a few left! I was blown away and giddy! I had to have it! 

Row 1 
Row 2

Row 3
 Just look at the beautiful combination of neutral matte and sateen shades! There are just enough matte brown crease shades, light, but not too white, brow highlights, neutral darker outer corner shades to add a pop of color, and versatile enough for smokey eyes and a little drama.

The best collection of shades and finishes I've seen in a long time. All the shades wear beautifully.

If you watch my youtube channel you might know I have a love hate relationship with MAC. While the eyeshadows are great, I really feel that Morphe and Makeup Geek have comparable quality for way less. Morphe charges $2 per eyeshadow pan and Makeup Geek charges $5.99. MAC is $13.

Also Make Up Forever really did a great job with their new Artists Eyeshadows, but I get overwhelmed when having to choose from over 200 shades also those babies are $21 a pop, but the quality is the best I've ever seen.

It's rare for me to be gaga over MAC and boy am I freaking out over this palette.





Mortal Veluxe Pearlfusion Shadow
The Moral Veluxe Pearlfusion palette is a good everyday or travel item. This reminds me of a smaller collection of similar shades of the larger palette. The formulations is much more creamy and velvety and if you can get your hands on this baby, definitely consider it as a nice everyday palette on the go.

Scone Bronzing Powder
The bronzer was a bit difficult to get a good swatch photo of, but boy does this look great to warm up the face and do a little light sculpting. The finish is very warm, matte, and velvety. Blends easily and looks very natural. This however probably won't work on folks with darker complexions.

Lustre Lipstick in Gospel & Gloss in Artful
Now these were a spur of the moment, probably should have skipped on purchases. The lipstick is a beautiful deep red sheer finish, but I honestly have so many red lipsticks and this reminds me of my Armani 400 sheer one in my collection already. More affordable though if your looking for a good stain of red on the lips.

The gloss is so so. I'm not a huge fan of MAC glosses because they are so sticky. Now  I know the stickier the longer lasting, but I found that Smashbox has proven this false with their Be Legendary Long-Wear Lip Laquer. They are not sticky at all and last forever!



What are your thoughts on the Brook Shields collection from MAC? Will you be on the hunt for them or will you pass? 

XOXO
Serein




1 comment:

Faye said...

This is a very chic mac collection